Tuesday, 14 July 2009

She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say "when."

I'm impatient for the next episode of this:
PG Wodehouse letters,
BBC7 Radio Program.
I think Sir Wodehouse,
will be my new favourite author.

I am also quite excited by being
able to listen to BBC radio programs
on the iPlayer, although I'm not sure
why some are available and others aren't
to those outside of the home countries.



Matte Stephens
's artwork turns me on.
It's perfect.
How utterly exciting.
This kind of illustration,
I believe,
is what life
is worth living for.

***********************************************
Speaking of I believe.
I believe, "I believe" is different
to "I think",
which is why I'm struggling getting
my insurance back on my lost iPod.

"As you "believe" you left your iPod on the plane,
we stand firmly on our decision, that we do not
cover for articles lost in a public place."
(Words to those effects).

An assigned seat on a plane,
where you must show a passport
to enter,
I believe is not a public place.

Next letter, it to the Ombudsman.
And let it be read.
****************************************
Stolen from English-test.net:
"The words think and believe would be
interchangeable in your sentences.
Using believe might indicate
a stronger conviction."
****************************************
Taken from: Wordreference.com
"They are interchangeable in certain contexts
with "believe" being a bit stronger perhaps.
You would NOT use think when it's a matter of
"religious faith or conviction"
or a similar kind of believing."
****************************************

Hmmm.
I'd be fucked if I ever had to give
a statement in court.
Then again, we'll see what the ombudsman
has to say.

No comments: