Friday, 5 August 2011

Pressing hard against your jeans...

If we weren't ever miserable,
and by miserable I mean romantic...
these songs would never have such
an embarrassingly high play count on our iTunes.

For love.
Bob Dylan - Tangled up in blue.
The Streets - Dry your eyes.
Band of Horses - No one's gonna love you.
Blue - No distance left to run.
Peter Sarstedt - Where do you go to (my lovely).
Tom Waits - Downtown train.
Interpol - The New.
Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life.
Bright Eyes - Easy/Lucky/Free.
James - Laid.
Pulp - TV Movie.
Angus and Julia Stone - Just a Boy.
Death Cab for Cutie - Someday you will be loved.
Death Cab for Cutie - Summer Skin.
Augie March - One crowded hour.
The Postal Service - Such great heights.
Dramarama - Anything Anything.
Anyone singing - Moon River especially Morrissey.
Flogging Molly - If I ever leave this world alive.
Idlewild - Love steals us from lonliness.
Johnny Cash - I see a darkness
Luka Bloom - Don't be afraid of the light that shines.
Pearl Jam - Smile (no other song).
The Stands - When this river rolls over you.
The Stone Roses - She bangs the drums.
Oh and almost all Eels songs, poor Mr E.

I could be here all day,
but I have an appointment with a chemist.
Because being a romantic
makes you miserable,
in a good way.
I hope I never give up on love.

As Jarvis Cocker sings....
I walked along and suddenly I realise I love love.

No comments: