Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Returns.

My visit to the GC to see my family went well.
Little sister Lenal had a huge box of clothes for me to sort through
and I managed to grab quite a lot of new (old) clothes.
In the box, was the blanket I spent 4 months making for her.

I wasn't supposed to see it. 

I wasn't concerned that she didn't want it;
she didn't like the colours, 
a granny square blanket isn't exactly modern and cool.

I took it back, because it felt sad to send it to charity
but it really emphasises the fact that craft
(unless it's wearable or useful), is entirely pointless).

I think the only thing that's worth doing is handmade greeting cards.
Even they don't get kept long term, but at least they serve a purpose.

Me, my mum and my little sister.

My mum and dad took me to the airport last night, 
for some reason I thought a 19.40 flight meant that I had to go in at 19.40, 
we were sitting outside, chatting.
when I went in, I realised my mistake and RAN!
GC airport is tiny anyway.
Luckily I wasn't the last person on the plane,
I was second last.

I mumbled "sorry, sorry"..
as I walked down the aisle to row number 16..
needless to say we were taxiing at 19.40 on the dot.
So I didn't make them late.

We were so busy talking, I talked a lot this weekend.
I told my mum and my sister that I needed to learn how to 
talk and have conversations, because I've been told that I don't talk enough.
I'm quiet and I talk when it's interesting or important.
My older sister is the complete opposite,
somehow she remembers every single word people say to her,
and when she's telling us a story, 
she relays the entire conversation.
It's too much.
What she should do is accents for the second person.
My entire family agreed I should have become an actress
because I was playing puppets with 5 year old Riley and making funny accents.
"You should have become an actress, 
you do that so well, 
you don't come out of character the entire time".

Missed opportunities..

Anyway I do want to be able to talk, 
and I do, it's just when I can be bothered, 
or if I want to.

At the airport, my dad told me about the time
he took me along with him to vote at the nearby primary school 
(not my primary school)
when I was about 10;
he said "When we walked out, you burst into tears, because 
you wished that you'd gone to that school instead, 
you thought it looked more exciting."

I love having parents to tell me stories about what I was like when I was young.


1 comment:

Mel said...

I keep all my greeting cards! I have heaps from you! And you're a good talker when you want to be. But being like that all the times is not for everyone. I like you the way you are so don't change too much OK?