I lent V at work my Eagle vs Shark
and Flight of the conchords dvds.
Its been 5 days.
When I got to work today,
the loud American gave me a book,
"Are you still doing your teaching course?
This is a really good book for essays,
its extremely boring."
-No, but I'll have it anyway.
'Fifty major thinkers on Education.'
'From Confucious to Dewey.'
I read Confucious and Socrates on the tram
on the way home. It seems that the Chinese
were better at documenting people,
than the Greeks.
(There's no Socrates desk calendar quotes).
Socrates: "If we all want to be happy,
how are we going to know if
what we are doing now is
contributing to that unless we
think it through."
How indeed.
***************************************************
The crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon.
Lines I like:
'Run away with me,' said Roseman when the coffee came.
'Where?' she asked. That shut him up.
At some point she went into the bathroom, tried to find her image
in the mirror and couldn't. She had a moment of nearly pure terror.
Then remembered that the mirror had broken and fallen in the sink.
She may have fallen asleep once or twice.
She awoke at last to find herself getting laid.
******************************************************
I woke today from a dream about S.
I was madly in love with S.
I think I still am in a way.
I was at his house doing the dishes.
His family were there and his father hated me,
said I was no good.
Then he stood next to me at the sink,
and gave me the exact same look,
he gave me one night in the pub where we worked.
In a more intimate moment,
we could have kissed then and there.
He is the only boy I've ever known to own
Gravity's Rainbow,
I saw it on the shelf above his bed,
when we were having sex,
and I mentioned that I had it too.
I still have fantasies of emailing him when I've read it,
just to tell him.
I told him that I would write a book
and send it to him.
I guess in a way I did.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment