Monday, 25 February 2008

Australia is the Brisbane of the world.

I walked into work at 9.15am today,
somehow I'd lost a bit of time
somewhere along the line.
Greeted by A,
who had his feet on my desk
and new temp K.
K is nice and is more than keen to
learn everything and get on with things.
Which makes a nice change.

She's going to India in 2.5 weeks,
to work for a non-profit organisation,
to assist with HIV Aids
education programs.

In 2.5 weeks I'll be snowed under with
studing drawing, photography, science and
finishing off my graphic design course.
But I'm looking forward to it all.

At the work meeting today,
the manager reported on the
student intake for the first half of the year,
and said "We've had very low student intakes,
it could possibly be due to the high levels
of employment, everyone is in a job so they don't
feel they need to go to university".
Or perhaps its because no one wants to go to
a catholic university.
Will religion ever die out?
In my science readings, I read some
common misconceptions children have,
and the questions they ask which you
as a teacher must be able to consider and respond.
"Didn't god make the people and the trees?"
-Oh dear god.
or perhaps
-Well kiddies, it's a little bit like
asking How does santa fit down the chimney,
or what do the fairies do with the teeth
I leave under my pillow.
or perhaps simple just...
-Ask your parents tonight.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
After the high of the weekend's
activities, I feel a bit low.
I'm seeing Interpol tonight,
which I'm sure will cheer me up.
Dollface texted me and said
that she thought I looked so happy
yesterday and that it was good to see
me smiling.
Yes, very very happy to see my lover.

It was over so quickly,
I was walking to work thinking
that I'd woken from a dream.

The title is a Barry Humphries' quote,
in response to the film
All my friends are leaving Brisbane.

I wish one more would leave.
Soon.

No comments: