Wednesday, 20 May 2009

The world, and me in it.

I'm sick of saving the world.

Petitions with Greenpeace, Avaaz, WSPA, Care2, my donating
pet food for RSPCA,
My sponsor child with Plan,
my membership to Animals Australia,
my standing in human lettering of
climate change - our future is in your hands on St Kilda beach,

Pieta and I on St Kilda Beach

And the rest of the people.
my being vegetarian, my organic vege patch,
my shopping local, my drinking soy milk,
my reading books from the library instead of buying them,
my turning off electrical items,
my turning off my computer at the wall when I go home,
my recycling efforts,
it's all getting a bit too much.

Everyday I try to save the world.
It doesn't seem to be paying off.
There's always another petition to sign,
always another disaster,
always another case of cruelty.

You can't tell a parent [with the exception of my mum]
that there's no point to life.
They don't believe you.

Then again.
Seeing as I'm here, I might as well help.

No comments: