Thursday, 25 October 2007

Another day in paradise.

I had a good 3 hours sleep last night
Up early or out late?
Both.
My alarm went off after I’d burnt crumpets,
boiled eggs and had a shower.

I stood up on the tram reading a questionnaire
over the shoulder of the girl sitting.
From what I gleaned;
She started school age 5.
Left age 16.

What is your occupation?
– I have always been a hairdresser.
Describe your high-school experience?
– Shit.
Do you make friends easily?
- Yes.
Do you retain them?
- Some
When talking about sex at home when you were growing up,
what were the main points made?
- You have sex when you want to have a baby.
First sexual experience?
– Meaningless, I wanted to lose my virginity.
Past ambition
– To be famous.
Present ambition
– To have a happy quiet, simple home life with love and respect.
Hobbies
– making clothes
Length of your relationship
- (not boys) 5 years and 11 months.

And if that wasn’t enough personal information,
She got out her phone and texted
“Hey darling, just thinking of you and your first early gameover”.

What?
Oh dear.
We’ve learnt an important lesson today,
Do not air private things on trams.

Something slightly better that I read when I got to work.
A review of a book
“too bad it had to end, reading this book was like being with a friend”.
That’s lovely.

The lady downstairs in the café says take away like this
Taik a-why, dar-ling?

Excellent.
Just got a phone call from the newsagency,
He should be collecting my 2008 diary from the warehouse tomorrow.

Further to that,
he just texted me to say that he'd have to special order it
from a village on the outskirts of lower eastern china,
ship it to Australia, and have it delivered by courier pigeon
to Melbourne.

By the time I get it,
it'll be 2008.

I'll take my chances myself.

No comments: