Monday, 17 October 2011

Zeitgeist Movement - Watching is compulsory.











Watching these made a lot of things click into place
in my brain.
I think a resource based world is an awesome idea,
but I doubt that it will become a reality in my lifetime.

I think we'll have to actually sink before we change as a whole.

Apparently I'm going for dinner and then to Occupy Melbourne
tonight, it's not going to change anything.
It's going to show that a lot of people
can't do anything other than sit on the street.
Is it that easy to close your bank accounts with the big banks?
Not when you owe debt.

However, remaining positive.. if I'm asked why I'm there?

- because I'm renting someone's investment property as I want an inner-city lifestyle but can't afford to own it. (And moreover don't want to spend the next 30 years paying 3 times the amount of the initial loan).
and
- because my trust fund depleted due to the stock market.
Thanks Nan, but you should have put it under your mattress.
and
- because I don't own a car, because I don't eat meat, because I don't live in a house that's too big for me, because I'm not a huge consumer, because if I have money I spend it on whoever I'm with, rather than save it. Because I have debt. Because I can crochet, and maybe that'll become my barter for food one day.

No comments: