Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Pushing the envelope.

Dollface is my bestest friend in the world.
Why? Because after 18 years, she still surprises me
with little thoughts that we share.
Recently she named her cat Snork Maiden,
which aparently is from the Moomin books.
Last year I bought Moomin candy from
an Asian supermarket and remeniced about
watching the cartoon when I was young.
So I bought a book from Amazon.
(Not yet read).

We made baskets the same week.
We started crocheted blankets at the same time.
Then she blogged about making gift tag bows,
and I had just printed out how to make felt gift tag bows.

Little things like this,
that make me smile.

Knowing that we truely are astrological twins,
though she's the one that usually does the things.
I never get past the procrastination stage.... :(

So, today, unfortunately being 5 days into the new year,
but, only 2 days into the official post days.
Walking to my PO Box,
I decided that I was going to start a new thing.
I am going to take a photo of my mail box every
time I open it and photograph the contents.

By the way, my address is now on here,
so if you feel inclined send me something.

As I still had yesterday's mail on my desk,
I could actually start the project immediately.
Unfortunately,
the photos are on my phone
and the cable
is at home.

When I got to my PO Box,
Dollface (let me know if you're bored of this name),
had sent me a lovely letter, home made envelopes,
and a zine about mail.

Gah, I am so excited.
More later.... 

1 comment:

Stitchybritt said...

: )

and then I throw out my flat shoes, coz they went moldy (too much rain in Sydney), and you send me new ones.