Here's me savouring and enjoying
Saturday 16th of June, 2007.
I wake up,
get dressed,
feed the cat,
get my study notes,
get in my car
and drive to Brisbane for my exam.
I arrive early,
find my room,
chat to some old class friends.
One of them said she tried to move to
Melbourne but got no luck with the credit.
Looks like I might be changing careers.
Correction "Career path",
I might become a writer.
S says "Oh hi",
in that ,I'd like to say more to you way,
too late.
The exam was fairly easy,
I probably should have studied,
and I probably should have realised
that even though there's 60 questions,
its only worth 40%.
I tallied 23 definites.
I don't know what that means.
Half time comes and everyone has finished.
Our papers are collected and the supervisor
looks at the clock, its 3 minutes to half time.
We just sit there, and he gives up and says
"Hey by the time you've collected your bags it'll be half time".
We laugh and leave, and I almost run away from the place.
I say bye to no one.
I call L, tell her I'll meet her at Gloria Jean's.
I want to avoid the obvious.
For the obvious.
I start writing a letter to Dollface,
and this lady I've managed to avoid
for around 11 years recognises me
and sits down.
She's my first boyfriend's mother.
She asks about my life.
I tell her,
she tells me about my first boyfriend,
his recent tour with Norma Jean.
She asks for my number,
I give it to her.
She says "Do you want mine?"
I say "No, I probably wont call you".
L arrives, we look for the fortune teller.
But we can't find her,
I feel ill and we eat McFood.
We sit in McWhirters in the valley,
I ask her if she's always going to be my friend.
She said "Yes, and I can imagine that our families
will never meet and my husband will say 'she doesn't
exist does she?', we'll run away and have our meetings,
because that's the way it is".
I tell her about my unlucky loves.
She tells me hers.
I ask why men are so strange,
why they say things they don't mean,
why they can't just be honest and figure
out what they're trying to say before they say it.
Because its really rather confusing.
We're going to drive the Great Ocean Road together.
Road trips are great.
I ask her if I should contact S whilst in Sydney.
He's an old friend of mine which ended embarrassingly.
She said "Definitly".
Its going to take a lot of courage.
But I'm curious to understand why the hell
I got so caught up with him, and to say sorry.
I drive to the city in hope of finding
a fortune teller.
We go to Elizabeth Arcade,
go into the spell shop,
ask how much a reading is,
$50 for 30 minutes.
Fuck that for a joke.
Which it probably is.
We're on our way out of the shop,
when someone enters and the lady
behind the counter says:
"You've come about the book you've ordered".
Why the fuck didn't she say
"You've come in for a reading that you
can afford, but because you got one for $20
previously, you'll hate our inflated city price of $50",
to me, when I entered?
Instead we get photoshop photos done,
go shopping for tights,
and have coffee.
We go into Marcs,
I see a dress I love for $229.
I tell her that I'm going to be rich
in Melbourne, because its all I want to be.
She said that she had a friend who said that,
their philosophy was why not be rich.
Why not indeed.
60 hour weeks are worth every happiness
a $229 dress will bring.
I drive L back to the valley,
say bye and she thanks me for hanging out with her.
She doesn't need to thank me.
I drive to M's house.
She's out and I talk to her boyfriend.
I tell him my news of the past 1.5 months,
M comes home, I repeat my news of the past 1.5 months,
M and K come around with baby J and K,
we watch the slide show of B and M's recent holiday to America,
its great and I really want to go one day.
Then later we go to P's house,
say hello, then they leave to
watch a band,
M says "Thanks for coming over",
she doesn't need to than me.
I go home,
Its 10pm,
its hard to keep my eyes focused on the road,
Its been a big day.
I say hello to kitty
and write this.
Good night.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment