Sunday, 23 September 2007

and I still go to the shop to buy sweets.


This photo was taken in Sydney in July 2007.
My sister was with me.
I'd just been stalked by some guy,
who followed me into priceline.
I was not in the mood to hug strangers.

Maybe its completely normal,
but I often feel a bit silly,
after the fact of,
going to the shop
just to buy sweets.

Not just regular sweets either,
yesterday I bought sour roll-up straps,
fizzers and fads.

Honestly, is it any wonder
I wake up with a hangover.

I'm trying to clean up my flat a bit,
if M is moving in,
then I'll need to sort my shit out.


Right now I've got a pile of letters
on the table, I re-read them, cut out the
best bits and put them in a scrapbook
that I started about 6 years ago.
Dollface has written to me almost every
week forever, she's stopped now that
we're 2 tram stops apart,
which is probably a good thing
for the environment.
Although saying that
a lot of them are on the back of something.
I just cut out a bit that she wrote after
going to a fashion show and talking to a stylist..
"Since when did matching a top to
a pair of fucking shoes,
become a job?"

Yesterday we went to see Forbidden Lies.
At St Kilda,
its nice to go across town sometimes.
Norma Khouri is amazing,
I just can't get over the fact that
although she knows and we know she's lying,
she still lies.
How can you live your life full of twisted up facts?
My regular life is hard to keep up with,
let alone one full of made up tales.

No I wasn't at the supermarket,
I was in the carpark,
oh I was at the supermarket,
but I wasn't buying anything.
Yes I have the loaf of bread,
but I paid for it.
I got caught,
because they said I stole it,
but I bought it from another shop,
I will not deny this.
I didn't buy it from here,
I wasn't even here.
I was over there.

There's got to be a medical explanation,
for that woman.
To me she's amazing.
But I would never ever talk to her.

She appplied to do Law at my old uni,
but didn't get in.

Nevertheless her story,
although a lie,
is still reality.
So good on her for that.
Sort of.



I repotted some indoor plants
yesterday.
Three times now, my cat has
dug the soil out all over the floor.
Discipline is something I have to learn.

I want to be full of money.

I have to make a move,
Sunday is slowly slipping away from me.
I slept lots this weekend,
I just wanted it to be over.
But now I don't.

No comments: