Monday, 10 March 2008

Labour Day

Dollface said that we should be thankful
that the unions campaigned for a public holiday.

I met Dollface in the city for brunch,
there was a fun parade,
except it wasn't so fun,
when it was 30 degrees and
I was stuck on the other side
of the parade street to her,
eventually we walked under the bridge near
the arts centre/Fed Square
and met up.
We're already weary because of the weather.
We have brunch,
and she said that she should be marching today,
as she's a Labour party member.

She hands me some mail that went to her house
for me.
A letter from Parliament.
Ooh.
Not so ooh.
It was from the Labour member from my area.

Thank you for your email of the 14th of February 2008,
concerning live animal exports to the Middle East.

Agreed: The cruelty is unacceptable.
Government is working on it: Howard government signed a
Memorandum of Understanding to ensure
animal welfare concerns were addressed.
We will continue this MOU.
Why do it: Recognises the importance of domestic meat processing sector.
Growth in this sector will bring higher animal welfare standards,
and a bigger return for sheep and beef sectors,
and more jobs in regional communities.
Outcome: $Cha-Ching!$

Dollface looked a little sheepish,
when I told her I was glad I didn't vote
for Labour.

Given, I am quite ignorant,
but hell, can't there be freezer trucks
to deliver fleshy bits in?
Why do they have to be alive?

If they're worried about us not slaughtering
them correctly, why don't whoever owns
the slaughter houses, employ Middle-Eastern
people, at least then they'll know its done in their
special Halal way; killing the animal
whilst praying to god.

Phah.

I just don't know what is right anymore.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here's my lovely new bicycle.

Just need some spokiedokes now.

No comments: