Last night I rode my bicycle
to High Street to meet my bestfriend,
and watch a band called Babaganoush,
at Open Studio.
http://www.babaganoush.info/
When I first arrived in Melbourne,
this was one of the first bands I saw,
or so I thought, we think its a different band.
There was about 8 musicians in the one
we saw last time, this time there was 4,
a violinist, a claranet-ist, a piano accordian-ist,
and a drum-skin hand-held bangy-hitty thing.
And a girl who sang in another language brilliantly.
Eastern European style,
where the music gets faster and faster and you clap,
and dance around in long skirts and genuinely
have a great time.
I spilt mostof my second wine on the floor,
in front of everyone, as I was struggling with a
coat, a bag and my bicycle helmet.
I talked to Dollface about hiring a studio
room and a drum kit, so we can practice.
She said she doesn't play guitar much anymore,
and I don't know how to play the drums,
but I'm sure when our boyfriends
are on various football forums,
we'll have to entertain ourselves.
Afterwards R joined us,
he'd been out drinking elsewhere.
He said he can't wait for my boyfriend
to arrive, so he can talk about something
other than buttons.
Which is what Dollface and I were talking about
at that point.
I'm going to make button necklaces.
R asked when M will arrive,
I said maybe in 3-4 weeks,
I showed him my diary,
with the potential weekend.
Eels at the Palais...
I said - I don't care who you are,
I'm not missing the eels.
Which is a bit mean,
but they are my favourite band.
I've been thinking about the character,
Kailey on Firefly and how the Dr said to her,
"You find the bright side of everything",
I'd like to be that kind of person.
But I'm quite uptight and grumpy.
Unfortunately, a woman on the tram hates me,
and I can't find the bright side of anything about her.
I had the misfortune of sitting next to her yesterday.
The first time we met,
I pulled the blind down on the window,
as the sun was on my face,
and I don't need any more freckles.
She, lets call her "You posh bitch, why don't you drive to work?",
was sitting opposite me and pushed it back up.
I stood up and sat somewhere else.
Yesterday I got on the tram listening to my ipod
very loud, fair enough its annoying to the few people who don't
have ipod or other music-mans.
I sat next to her and seconds later I hear a very loud
"Tutt".
I moved away from her for the second time.
I thought that I might make a voodoo doll
for you posh bitch, why don't you drive to work,
and poke her in both her breasts to give her a nice dose of cancer.
She really should drive to work.
And being a semi-tree hugger gypo,
who rates public transport very high,
this time,
I truely wouldn't mind.
I really hate the sound of nail clippers
oh fuck.
the man upstairs clips his nails outside,
that's why I can hear it,
and why I swept up nail bits the other week!
eeeyyyuuuk!
I'm also watching The Lone Filmmaker
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelonefilmmaker
its very good.
I'm up to part 6.
But I'm smelly and need a shower.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment