Monday, 21 July 2008

hehe I said dandedongs

Saturday texts.
Dollface: I have a massive craving for the mountains.
U wanna climb a dandenong tomorrow?
hellojett: YES, life gets better!
Sunday texts.
Dollface: Not sure about mtns, rain & wind predicted.
hellojett: Its only weather.
Dollface:Yeah what the hell. I'll pick you up in an hour.
hellojett: I'm taking a flask of tea.
Dollface: Rock.
Meanwhile, packing nail varnish, tea, umbrella, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 cameras..
Waiting, waiting....

Dollface: Sorry, tried to do my tax. Running late. Leaving in 10.

Road trip is fun, we listen to awesome music,
chat about boys,
giggle and get excited.

We arrive in the country,
I need cigarettes.
We stop in the village
and I get cigarettes
and sour gekko sweets.

Dollface finds a fudge shop,
orders 2 lots...
Shop Assistant to me: - Do you want any?
Me: Oh, I didn't see the fudge shop, I already got sweets.

Ok now, where are the walking tracks?
Dollface suggests there should be a big sign that says
"Worlds Greatest Walking Track HERE!"
There isn't one, but I find one on the map,
that we drive to easily.

Dollface somewhere in the Dandenongs.
Me somewhere in the Dandenongs.
10 minutes into our hike,
we both need to wee.
Weeing in the forest is kinda cool.
Maybe I'm seeing things, but there appears to be some kind of mystical doorway at the end of the bridge. Shame I didn't try to go through it.
I hugged some lovely trees, told them they were good, and asked them to always be there.
Dollface was scared to get in. Figuring that she'd disturb some bats.
There was no bats in the tree.
I pretend I didn't fit.
Mystical aged worty tree. Dollface turned around and said "Man, you're so cool, smoking on the hike."
a) as if I need encouragement,
b) i'm an experienced walker and smoker.
she needed to take my picture.

Rad, we walk and walk and walk, through muddy muddy mud.
I hug more trees, drink tea, take photos, smoke.
We get back to the car and listen to I can climb mountains by Hell is for heroes.
Fuck yeah, what a wonderful life I have.



No comments: