Thursday, 22 November 2007

Scaling a wall. A dream I read.

Ahem..

Good morning, my name is.....

Yesterday I was asked to scale a rock wall,
with my mentor.

A psychologist.

He set up the task,
brought my to this room,
with the wall.
The only thing he brought with him was
a thin blue rope.
We began by tying the rope to something that would
secure us,
in our decent.
He then tied the rope around himself and then onto me,
luckily, I tell you, we are quite close,
the extra tightness of the rope being around both of us,
was an added bonus, not only for the safety aspect.

We began our decent,
the wall had no foot holes,
it was extremely smooth.

There was nothing for us to do,
except swing,
and slowly decend,
by releasing the rope.

It was an arduous task.

When we reached the bottom,
not only was I excited, but he was too.
I don't believe for a moment that
this task was designed for only me to learn something.

We stood at the bottom looking up,
at where we had come from.
I felt the wall.

It was plaster board,
underneath the plaster was woodern pannels.

I suggested that he should have removed them,
as our job of absailing, would have been easier
with the wall stripped away,
revealing a variety of potential footholes
in the imperfect naturalness of the wall.

Upon reaching a conclusion
which means,
recording my experience,
and my emotions.
We left.

He presented the findings to the board,
and he asked me to write a piece base on my point of view.
Which also reached the Psychologist board desk,
and thus,
today I am here reading it to you.

He did ask me to change the beginning of the piece,
to make it in the form of a letter.

I took out the title.

And began:

-Dear Psychologists,
Good morning, My name is....

Yesterday I was asked to scale a rock wall,
with my mentor.

A psychologist.

When asked to perform a feat of bravery,
of such magnitude as to scale a wall,
with no foot holes.
With just a rope to hold onto and a psychologist.
I ask you who is the sane one?

Why,
it must be me because otherwise, you'd have no subject,
I'd have no home and none of you would be here today.

He set up the task.....



*******************************************************
I am writing and reading stories in my dreams.
This is the best one I have ever had in my entire life.
I am studying.
I have left it too late.
Its a smooth ride to failure.
I am on a caffeine high,
and averaging around 4-5 hours a night sleep.

*******************************************************
You don't need to understand it.
I just like being able to read in my dreams.
Its very cool.

No comments: