Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Another fine mess

Last night,
as an avid comedy festival
audience member I went to see
Eric's tales of the sea, a sub-mariner's yarn.
Because, I love a good submarine sound, sharks,
And adventures on (and under) the sea.
Loved it, Eric told a very lovely story
I do recommend it, and it's at The Gasworks,
Which is a great venue.

Tonight, I saw Smooth Talking Bastards
and Xavier Michaelides at Trades Hall Book Shop,
which pre-show I scored a Nancy Mitford novel for a dollar!
Xavier's show about the future was great, as were the smooth talking bastards.

You know me, I'm happy with anything,
So long as I feel comfortable.

Then to The Portland Hotel to see
Zach Adams, songs for a future girl.
If you thought 4 people on a show was sad,
How about just one?
Yep just me, he was obliging and agreed to do the show anyway.

The Comedy Festival worker asked how I had booked,
On the Internet...
Well it's just you, if you're happy with that,
It's raining and a Tuesday night, a bad combination.

People are such wet blankets!
Ohhh going out on a school night!

I panic text Dollface to tell her:
- Um. Am about to see Zach Adams, comedy alone. Audience of one.
Her reply: Why do you sign up for these things?

I'm glad I'm single, and feel the constant need to fill
my life with things and experiences.
It's interesting that way.

How awesome is the Nancy Mitford for a dollar,
By the way it's "The pursuit of love".
Something I can only read about...

Just felt like putting links in.

No comments: