I started two huge new projects this week.
The first:
Read a pile of books to my height.
I went out last Sunday,
to buy books to add to my unread pile at home.
I got this far,
It's about a third of my height,
and I've read one and a half so far...
In doing this, I'm also drawing the spines to scale.
The real shame here is that some of my absolutely favourite
books wont be in the project.
I've already read them,
and I rarely re-read books.
I pretty much will read any genre.
I choose books like I choose my men.
By their cover,
fortunately I've only ever
hated a couple of books.
Men are such bores.
Give me a book any day.
Maybe after I'm done (prediction 1.5 years),
I'll do another drawing of my favourite books.
I can't leave them out, they'll be sad.
My other new project is a blue crocheted rug.
Using up scraps of blue wool..
It's hard to explain,
but this is how I tidy up.
My house is so messy that in order to tidy it,
I don't put all the wool in a box,
I make things out of it as I go along.
Getting rid of things is how I tidy up I guess.
But I cant just throw it away.
Does that make sense?
Anyway I need a new rug.
I'm also listening to The Rolling Stone magazine's 500 greatest songs of all time.
It suits my mood today,
I'm singing along to How deep is your love - The Bee Gees.
This is my childhood.
My mother never liked noise,
and so I often think that I grew up with no music,
until I hear songs like this
and remember.
If I could bottle my endless nostalgia
and shoot it into my veins,
I would be one very lucky person.
I love my life.
(How I often I spiral down and forget how much).
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment