Wednesday, 6 April 2011

We've been crying now for much too long.

I think I'm upsetting my friends
when I say things like
-Cigarettes aren't killing me quick enough,
it's got to look natural.
I just don't see the point of being here.

Went to two comedy shows last night,
Hannah Gadsby and Eva Johansen.
There was just 4 people in Eva Johansen's show Fran I am.
So unfortunately I had my hand held by Fran,
and asked "What is post-modernism?"
-uh, everything here and now?
Oh hindsight.
I would definitely recommend Fran I am,
it's a show about a beat-poet, awesome.
Hannah was good too, but I think she was thrown
by some comments from audience members,
she'll get better as the festival progresses.
Audience member did mention "school friendly girl"
as a nice way of saying "The school slut"
when asked "What was the gossip at your high-school reunion?"
Oh dear.
Lot's of fun, despite the "what to do in-between shows",
hang out at Spleen Central and drink beer...

1 comment:

Mel said...

I wish you'd told me about this blog earlier! Yes you are upsetting someone with your comments on smoking etc - me! I don't want to be old without you in my life, making me laugh and just talking about whimsical things!