Sometimes I forget why going out hurts my head.
My friend L and I were sitting at RG's, I saw M crossing the road,
said a quick hello, then I saw E crossing the road, he came and sat with us for a while.
He was looking very cool, even L said it was the best she'd ever seen him.
Glad we both got to see each other before he leaves next week.
He said he was supposed to have a family dinner, collect his band stuff and go to the city for a gig. He left and then walks past with a blonde girl on his arm, in the opposite direction to all his obligations. Typical.
Then L and I go for dinner, we see P, he comes over says hello, then another old friend comes over, then his girlfriend. We later join them.
I like my friend, we have something which she described as a confessional.
Confess your sins and secrets and know they're in the vault.
We're not close enough, which is why we can talk about things we wouldn't tell our close friends.
We talked about Melbourne.
She grew up there and said people move away from Melbourne, not to it.
But its only the weather, I hate the sun. So I'll like it.
I said that I could use the "I've only just moved here, which is why I'm out on my own" for 2 months.
Not that anyone would ask.
She said I could use it for longer, but really I should make a conscientious effort.
I now also have an football team.
Carlton, pronounced "Carl-un"
I swear my accent is different every day, I haven't got a regular accent.
"I support Carlton, the scarf is Navy Blue and White, we lost the last couple of games, started out the season ok, thought we'd win, though we still have a chance".
I've memorised it, and she'll give me updates.
I said so is it Rugby League or Rugby Union? she said Neither.
AFL, Australian Football League?
Luckily I've memorised the line.
I'm afraid of not being let into the state if I don't have a team.
Besides fuck that shit, I'd rather the round ball version anyday.
We talked about how small Brisbane is.
When we joined my old friends, she said "See I don't know them, but I know the girl they're talking to".
So then she left and I ended up staying, talking to P who made me cry about my situation.
I don't like the fact that if someone talks to me, I later have to square it with the girlfriend.
I didn't even want to talk to him, he just kept giving me these looks and later said "I know I don't know you well, but I'm here for you". What the fuck?
I've got to leave.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment