I woke up today, after a night on Restavit.
In the moment between asleep and waking, my dream mocked me.
This isn't the first time.
I had a book, I think it was Airport by Arthur Hayley, my older sister was with me, we were running away from some people in our street, we were at the top of the hill, she rode some kind of skateboard down the hill, narrowly missing the cars on the busy street below. Me though, I sat on my book and rode it like a skateboard toboggan. I went down the hill, avoiding cars, only to get to the bottom, stop and look directly at an oncoming car. I died. It was so rediculous, I remember thinking "Wake up you idiot, right well if you're going to squeeze the last bit of being allowed to sleep out, you're going to be in the most rediculous situation where you'll do something really uncool - (sit on a skateboard book) and then die". The alarm hadn't even gone off.
I've been in this situation before in real life, I was 16, I rode a bike down a very steep hill, when I got to the bottom I didn't stop, didn't turn, I hit the kerb straight on, flew over the handle bars and landed chest down on a picket fence. I still have a little scar. I shouldn't ride books or bikes, neither are very cool.
Speaking of airports, L on the weekend asked if I was still borrowing library books on aerospace avionics. I'd completely forgotten, sometimes I can be such a girly swot.
I'm much cooler now.
And I'm listening to R.A.M.O.N.E.S by Motorhead.
See, cool.
Restavit is a complete farce, I think its more like Ritalin for the asleep. It doesn't make you sleep, it makes you concerntrate in your dreams.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment