
All the children who were put on the red seat for not listening to me, gave me hugs and apologised.
My teacher said that if they're honest children, and their parents ask how their day was, they'll tell them "I was put on the red seat".
Here's what I got, It says Dear Miss Lewis, I'm sorry for not listEnning, from BenjAmin.
After a while you learn to decipher writing and learn how to put the missing letters in, from the arrows they draw. You learn that numbers are backwards, letters are sideways, full stops are massive, commas are "g's" people live in haus's, woz will always be spelt how it sounds, biscuit is spelt "besg" and that mgk can happen.
Spelling like this is called "I had a go".
Its entirely rewarding.
When I was 7 I was reading Pippy Longstocking novels, I was a WSL (Welsh as a second language, (the only language spoken at my school), I went to year 1 when I was 4. These children are 5-6 with some turning 7 this year. I often feel I wasn't encouraged, but I suppose I really have to thank my mother, and apologise to her for thinking that.
Driving from school yesterday a kid said "Bye Miss Lewis!!" and his mum said the word "Loved".
Maybe I can get a Loved tattoo someday afterall. Someday Miss Lewis.
(I'm reviewing a novel called Someday Angeline).
Also I had a dream that I was reading my profile (for the parents to know who I am) that I wrote for the classroom door, it had an error in it. I forgot to check when I was at school. I'm reading and correcting errors in my dreams, no wonder I'm tired.

No comments:
Post a Comment