I woke up and found myself missing M.
He carried me from my car to his flat.
That's so fucking cool.
I contemplated my life.
Have I made the right decisions?
Am I moving away, or running away?
I found a bag with my work's logo.
I felt a bit nostalgic.
7 years.
I'll be remembered at work as being the really lovely, quiet one, who one day snapped and said "Fuck off and have a nice day" to a student then hung up on them.
Great.
Apparently it was cute.
I didn't one day snap.
I snapped often.
I've done other things at work though, we were nominated for the best office, I was a first aid officer, an exam supervisor, a writer of notes for disabled students, a wellness ambassador, stationary queen, I got a woman I didn't like to resign, I've been harrassed by someone who'd been in love with me for 2 years at the christmas party, who then resigned, I cried in an interview, I've stolen glue sticks, I replaced toilet paper out of the kindness of my heart, refiled the photocopier for the same reason, I smashed a cup because it wouldn't fit in the cupboard, I wait until I'm at work to call my parents long distance, I used the mail service for personal letters, I had mental health days and drove to the mountains and/or the beach, I had study leave, borrow books on my staff card to save the fines, I got run into by the student bus because I wasn't standing where I was supposed to, I worked 2 jobs and turned up tired every day, I hung up on a lot of angry students and even angrier parents over outstanding fees, I told a mother who complained for her daughter that "I got an OP 25 (the lowest), I got into uni through careful side-stepping, I work 2 jobs, live on my own, pay $220 in rent and study 2 subjects a semester, so I don't know why you're complaining, when your daughter still has the luxury of living at home, off daddy's money and got you to call in for her", I threw a $200 headset many times, I attempted to learn sign language, I signed up for 4 classes to get the ID card with the discount logo and printed 2, and once I drove to work, then as I was pulling into the carpark, thought I'd left the cooker on, so I went back home and called in sick.
Ah those were the days...
Sometimes on days like today, I give myself a new hair cut with paper scissors.
But I'm growing it long.
So instead I put hair removal cream on my arms.
Only one arm worked.
Its still a bit hairy, but oh so smooth.
I like it.
But I wont do it again.
Then I packed some boxes, bought a suitcase, ironed 19 shirts, wrote an email to Dollface in China and ate a lot of sweets.
I even put 9 sets of clothes on hangers, what I'll wear for the entire day, ready to put on.
Even down to the knickers.
No wondering what to wear in the mornings for me now.
For 9 whole days!
I'm going to give my Orgasmatron to M.
If you don't know what one is.
Its probably for the best.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment