All my furniture has gone.
I'm left with the cleaning;
the laptop and printer;
my school stuff, my book to review
and my back pain.
I told some of the trainee teachers today
that all I had was a 2 inch mattress.
The religious boy who has the most
"Perfect Relationship" with a girl who has
two first names,
said that he's went to his girlfriend's house,
last night,
but prefers to sleep in his own bed at home
with his parents,
which is a single bed.
I gave a look of
"How old are you?!,
A single bed?!"
The other trainee teacher said,
"Don't give him that look,
you're squatting in your own house,
sleeping on a camping mattress".
Damn. True.
Lunch was playground duty,
breaking up fights,
dealing with tears,
and then...
I had a horrible feeling.
No one had checked behind the classroom.
I go around there and find 6 members of "Pink"
dancing in the mud.
In my best Arnie accent I said
"Playtime is over"
and marched them to the toilet block.
Damn those kids.
I showered their legs,
and sent them to the classroom,
took off their shoes and told them to sit
and think about me having to wash their shoes.
My teacher, once I'd spent 20 minutes washing muddy shoe cakes
asked me to talk to them.
So in front of the whole class,
with the 6 Pink members standing up,
giving me that "eek, sorry" look kids give,
"You're all on red seat tomorrow,
and next time it rains, lets use our sensible brains
when we're playing and not play in the mud,
because washing muddy shoes, isn't very fun for me".
Pink is a band that the kids made up because
it was their favourite colour,
5 girls and one boy.
Anyhow, I used this as an excuse to
get out of cleaning my house.
I'm sure I'll find another distraction,
within the hour.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment