Improv class last night was fun,
again.
I arrived feeling a bit tired and not into it,
but it soon picks you up,
and you're being silly
and doing fun things.
We played a game called Yes and,
and R the teacher said that some pillock company
had copy written the game.
(It's like copy writing hop scotch).
It is jolly fun,
you keep the story going
by responding to the offer from your partner,
and then return an offer to them,
that hopefully they pick up on.
that hopefully they pick up on.
Experimenting with my spontaneity,
is great, I feel confident and I feel
confused at the same time.
is great, I feel confident and I feel
confused at the same time.
although we swap partners every 5 minutes,
which can be good and bad, depending on who you get.
Some of the people focus on their shyness,
which is really hard,
when you're being an astronaut
and your partner isn't giving you anything,
you're running the show
and it makes you feel like a hogger,
which is a big no-no in improv.
Seriously though,
we are not allowed to be shy,
we have to leave shyness at the door.
And you look more embarrassing
and shy if you can't hold the game.
And I think I remember something that
I might have written here before,
which is a quote on shyness,
it wasn't this, but this is good too.
"Shyness has a strange element of narcissism,
a belief that how we look,
how we perform,
is truly important to other people"
Andre Dubus
In this case, yes we do think that it's important,
shyness in your partner will make your part harder,
you have to learn to bring your partner out of the
grip and show them how to have fun with the scene.
It is really really hard and I hope that I will learn
how to overcome the blocking, shyness from some of
the people in the class.
It'll make me a better person too.
I am rather shy in my own life,
but it's generally in new situations.
As soon as I get to know you,
I'll annoy the crap out of you.
I wont tell you about the other game we played,
it's called "Passing the clap".
I am rather shy in my own life,
but it's generally in new situations.
As soon as I get to know you,
I'll annoy the crap out of you.
I wont tell you about the other game we played,
it's called "Passing the clap".
Of course, I think I'm good at it,
I just let go I think.
I just let go I think.
but R the teacher said that at the end of the 9 weeks,
she'll tell us exactly what she thinks of us.
Ooohh honesty in a class full of "Praise and encouragement
and make your partner look good no matter what".
Looking forward to that day.
Post today was quite full,
hopefully the Collection Card will be for my glasses,
but could also be for my bike gloves...
Surprise!
I was also given a couple of roses by A,
from his garden,
he likes to bring in roses to put on peoples desk.
![]() |
| I had to do a quick tidy-up before I took this photo. |
Got new glasses.
Now I must work.



No comments:
Post a Comment