I didn't find Skins (British version)
that out of the ordinary.
I didn't think that the family situations those kids
were in, were overly far fetched.
The amount of drugs and alcohol consumed,
the sex lives, was just about right.
And if anything wasn't,
I guess it's just a tv show.
The New Yorker doesn't have that opinion.
Talking on the American version of the show,
Nancy Frankin writes
"there is an unsparing quality to much British drama,
and it requires viewers to tolerate a high level of discomfort"
So...
Americans watch British tv shows,
with the same disassociation
as when I watch a horror movie,
hear about an earthquake killing hundreds
or say no to sponsoring another child?
They should probably sort out their gun laws
before trying to protect their teenagers from having sex.
And contarary to what they seem to think,
people don't learn behaviours from television.
On a sad note,
one of my female phasmids - spiny leaf stick insects
died.
![]() |
| Two down, one to go. |
It's really sad to loose a pet.
The living one put her foot on the
shoulder of the dead one,
as if it was mourning it.
I was.
That's two now, a male and a female.
I have many stick insect eggs,
although according to this
they can take 1-3 years to hatch.
I'm going to have to rethink my strategy with this.
Sad, just the one will be lonely.
I didn't order this DVD either.
Quickflix pleasequit sending me absolute gobshite like this.
I'm going to save my current order list
and see if anything turns up unexpectedly.
Anyone else have this problem?
![]() | |
| Greenpeace recipes meh, and The Women. |
Quickflix pleasequit sending me absolute gobshite like this.
I'm going to save my current order list
and see if anything turns up unexpectedly.
Anyone else have this problem?
![]() |
| 5 year journal and prize home ticket |
Starting to think that I wont win a prize home
after all, but I'm keeping it going until the end of the year.
I think I'm getting more and more stubborn as the years pass.
The 5 year journals...
bought from: Urban Outfitters.
One is for Britt my best friend of 17 years.
(B I wont post it, as you're here next week...)
One line a day for 5 years, then we swap and
read through each others...
It'll be very interesting.
Each page has an entry line for each of the 5 years,
so you can easily see what you did on the 4th of March each year.
Oh the Malaysian President is here.
We're all looking out the window,
from the first floor...
-Which one is he?
"The wee bald one"
-Oi!, baldy!




1 comment:
for moi? oh wow! will be fun to write. can you imagine reading?
and on the Skins topic - of course the show is realistic, just most teenagers don't get to speak up about what's going on for them. if someone asked an American teenager if that level of sex, drugs etc in a medium-sized city was normal, I'm sure they would tell you it was. why do adults deny teens a right to talk honestly and feel normal about their lives?
Post a Comment