A letter from RMIT arrived today,
whilst I was walking up the drive to my house,
I thought it could either be one of two things.
a) A letter to say that I was unsuccessful in a job application.
or
b) A letter about my subject.
I opened it on the toilet,
its where I open all my mail.
As its one of the first things I do when I get home,
number one being greet the cat,
number two wash my hands,
number three sit on the toilet and open my mail.
It was tutor comments about my drawing subject.
Feedback being that I can contact her anytime I need to.
Self Portrait,
"This drawing is of great interest with all the parts ie dog
(its a cat), keys, self portrait in right background,
which seems to look at portrait in foreground."
On it goes, I don't entirely understand the "Translated English",
"So that a dog is a shape and an eye is a shape."
Panorama,
in good cop, bad cop format.
"Elements of this work are very powerful
(sculpture of person behind fence of church, tree trunks),
You could work on perspective to correct possible errors.
Your drawing is energetic and shows great integrity in your approach
and I look forward to your next project."
I was quite pleased with this feedback,
a) because its one of the first times I've been marked on my creativity,
in my adult life
and
b) because I realised I really dig feedback.
On anything.
I love being told that what I do is ok.
I love getting marks back.
God only knows why I got a 9/10 on a
"Introduce yourself on the forum",
for my photography course.
I'm quite sure I babbled about not much.
The woman who commented before mine on the forum,
blagged on about "living in the country, with her husband,
and 4 beautiful children, that keep her life busy, hardly having
much time for herself, but photography is one interest,
and has taken many photos of the children."
Entirely irrelevant.
I hope she got a 4.
I went out to see Modest Mouse last night,
thoroughly entertaining,
I danced, got told off, got my photograph taken,
got water and wine bought from random strangers,
who then exchanged phone numbers with me,
and gave the comment,
"You know, we'll invite you out from time to time,
every 6 months or so."
-Ok sounds great.
I lead a fairly busy life, but every six months or so,
I really need some randoms to hang out with.
And possibly buy me wine.
I got a text this morning asking if I'd gotten home safely.
I didn't reply, I am useless with making new friends.
I think I've mentioned previously, the Seinfeld episode,
where Seinfeld notes that its almost like needing to wear a sign,
"Taking new friends now", because by adulthood, you've got all the
friends you need to see you through your days.
So after drinking 4 wines,
and being the not-very-often-drunk-weakling I am,
I pass out on the bed,
get woken up 5 minutes later,
by Float On - Modest Mouse,
telling me to get the fuck up and go to work.
I put clothes on, feed the cat, and walk to the tram.
Wishing the journey would be a million times quicker,
the walk through Uni to take a free Age,
and onto McDonalds, where I ate like a king.
McDonalds is very under-rated by non hung-over-
generally-like-to-be-healthy-people.
I arrive at work 10 minutes late,
red eyed,
bed hair,
stinking,
and realised I have 8 hours of
having to stay awake whilst
desperately wanting sleep.
M told me the story of her boyfriend,
who's living in East Timor,
who talked at a reconciliation meeting,
the day before.
Whilst his talk was going on,
someone shouted out,
"How can we talk of reconciliation,
when someone has just been hit by a rock",
and was bleeding,
where a riot almost broke out,
until someone realised it was part of the roof of the building.
She also told me that in East Timor,
there is a prime minister,
who used to be the president,
and a president,
who used to be the prime minister.
"Confused?"
-Yes.
I finally arrive home,
set my alarm for one hour,
hop into bed,
turn the electric blanket on,
so to lull me to sleep in its cosy warmth,
and get one hour of the cat
wanting me awake.
Scratch at the door here,
ruffle a plastic bag there.
four items of clothing thrown at the cat later,
to try to shut up her cries for attention
and my alarm goes off.
I went to see a comedian tonight,
I know when you're on stage you can't see the
audience very well due to the lighting,
but I did wonder.
I hope I didn't look bored,
but it wasn't hilarious so much as
lovely just to be there.
Happy just sitting there,
going in and out of my own thoughts.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment