Saturday, 12 April 2008

This will lift your spirits.

5 things in a lift in one week.
Its an amazing life I lead.

1.
I got into the lift at work the other day
and it stopped to pick up 3 men from
another floor.
One of them says Hello to me.
Then the other 2 say funny things
that weren't directed at me,
but at the awkwardness of the guy saying
hello to me, because it was just a reaction.
"Haven't seen you for a while."
"Long time no see."

"Do you come here often?"
as I step out of the lift I say with a sigh,
-Unfortunately.
They laughed.

2.
The lift doors open and there's a man in there.
He said "I went up to the wrong floor and then it went
passed my stop, oh well I guess I get to see a different
part of the building, your floor sounds like a fun place to visit."
The doors open and I say
-It really isn't, take a look.

There's a few crucifixes on the walls and some hostile
hicks working behind the doors.

3.
I got into the lift on the ground floor with 2 other men,
the lift went passed their floor, passed mine and then started
jumping, making noises, and generally worrying us.
The 2 men are ringing the bell and saying "Just open!",
"Are we going to be stuck in here?"
"What if it drops?"
We were stuck in the lift for under 2 minutes,
but it seems longer
when its not stopping on any floor.

Everything I said was ignored,
so much so I was more worried that I was invisible,
rather than stuck in a lift.

-Can you see me?

The doors finally open on level 7,
and I run out and follow the men
into the stairwell,
run down to level 4 and curse,
I'm locked in.
Because its commonsense
to lock the fire escape doors isn't it?
Luckily someone heard me knocking and let me in.

4.
I get in the lift with B and A from the student centre.
B says to me "Have you dyed your hair lately, Jett."
he said Jett quietly,
and exchanged looks with A.
-Not for a while.

I was seething,
the tossers must have looked at my myspace page.

5.
Got into the lift with 4 other people from my work,
D asks me why the new temp only lasted 2 days,
-Because she lives too far away.
"Oh, I was wondering if there was a problem with
the staff in the fees office.

Stupid fuck I know you don't like me.

No comments: